Saturday 15 November 2008

Playlist 11.14.08

Hour 1

1. the Jesus And Mary Chain "My Little Underground" Psychocandy (1985) Warner Bros
2. Enslaved "Clouds" Vertebrae (2008) Nuclear Blast
3. Roots Manuva "Again & Again" Slime & Reason (2008) Big Dada
4. Silver Jews "We Could Be Looking For The Same Thing" Lookout Mountain, Lookout Sea (2008) Drag City
5. Hossam Ramzy "Serr Makshoof (A Secret Exposed)" Sabla Tolo III (2008) Arc Music
6. Gang Gang Dance "Bebey" Saint Dymphna (2008) Social Registry
7. Past Lives "Strange Symmetry" Strange Symmetry EP (2008) Suicide Squeeze
8. Juana Molina "Un Dia" Un Dia (2008) Domino
9. Lee "Scratch" Perry "Crazy Pimp" Repentence (2008) Narnack
10. Marnie Stern "Ruler" This Is It (2008) Kill Rock Stars
11. Blink "Secret Weapon: Part I" The Epidemic Of Ideas (2008) Thirsty Ear
12. Blink "Rivers & Tides" The Epidemic Of Ideas (2008) Thirsty Ear

Hour 2

13. the Ex "Nem Úgy Van Most" Starters Alternators (1998) Touch & Go
14. Fujiya & Miyagi "Pickpocket" Lightbulbs (2008) Deaf, Dumb, And Blind
15. Daedalus "Get Off Your HiHats" Love To Make Music Ro (2008) Ninja Tune
16. AIDS Wolf "A Sacrificial Drone" Cities Of Glass (2008) Skin Graft
17. Bison B.C. "Quiet Earth" Quiet Earth (2008) Metal Blade
18. Flying Lotus "Roberta Flack (Featuring Dolly) Los Angeles (2008) Warp
19. Boris "Statement" Smile (2008) Southern Lord
20. Murs "The Science" Murs For President (2008) Warner Bros
21. the National "Mistaken For Strangers" Boxer (2007) Beggars Banquet
22. Black Dice "Treetops" Creature Comforts (2004) DFA Records
23. Sleater-Kinney "Turn It On" Dig Me Out (1997) Kill Rock Stars
24. the (International) Noise Conspiracy "Cross Of My Calling" The Cross Of My Calling (2008) Vagrant

I really messed up at the end of hour one, there. I seem to often have the problem of cuing up the wrong track. And this time I ended up playing 2 tracks by Blink and totally throwing off my timing.... not fun. Though I love that "Rivers And Tides" song. Awesome.

I forgot to mention on the show some upcoming concerts: Boris & Baroness in Cleveland, OH this Sunday the 16 at the Grog Shop (really wish I could go to this one because Boris is GREAT live -- sooo loud) and Marnie Stern in Cleveland, OH at the Beachland Ballroom/Tavern on Nov. 25 (definitely going to this, super psyched about it).

I was really glad to finally get to play the Ex on the show. What a great band! I need more of their albums (I'm listening to "Starters Alternators" right now).

I think perhaps I should retire Flying Lotus on the show until the final-best-of-'08 show. I've been playing "L.A." so much.

No comments: