Sunday 20 January 2008

Mixed Feelings

I recently watched the film True Stories, which was directed and co-written by David Byrne. My reaction is very mixed; I don't know if it's the best or worst movie ever, but I'm towards worst since I was somewhat bored while I was watching it. I guess I just didn't "get it." I laughed at a few things, but the technical aspects of the film (lighting, editing, cinematography) and even some of the script were just amateur and terrible. Was it too quirky and ridiculous for its own good? That's what I'm thinking. I did appreciate the acting talent, though. John Goodman is the bomb and his character was what kept me watching. His song near the end was Genius. If only the film were made by a different David... I'm glad Byrne has mostly stuck to music since the film.

No comments: