Tuesday 29 January 2008

Playlist 1.29.08

(#. Artist "Song" Album (Year) Record Label)

1. the Jesus And Mary Chain "My Little Underground" Psychocandy (1985) WEA Records
2. Cibo Matto "The Candyman" Viva! La Woman (1996) Warner Brothers
3. Q And Not U "Tag-Tag" Power (2004) Dischord
4. Talking Heads "I Zimbra" Fear Of Music (1979) Sire - Talking Heads Song Of The Week
5. Fire Engines "Candyskin" Hungry Beat (2007) Acute

6. the Breeders "When I Was A Painter" Pod (1990) 4 AD
7. Sleater-Kinney "Modern Girl" The Woods (2005) Sub Pop
8. PJ Harvey "Grow Grow Grow" White Chalk (2007) Island
9. Os Mutantes "Trem Fantasma" Os Mutantes (1968) Polydor
10. Gogol Bordello "Start Wearing Purple" Gypsy Punks: Underdog World Strike (2005) Side One Dummy
11. Björk "I Miss You" Post (1995) Elektra
12. Burial "Homeless" Untrue (2007) Hyperdub
13. Ellen Allien & Apparat "Rotary" Orchestra Of Bubbles (2006) BPitch Control
14. Ornette Coleman "Congeniality" The Shape Of Jazz To Come (1959) Atlantic

"Long Songs Hour"

15. Uusitalo "Himo Perkele" Karhunainen (2007) Huume Recordings
16. Boredoms "Super Are" Super AE (1998) Birdman
17. Dälek "Images Of .44 Casings" Negro Necro Nekros (1998) Gern Blandsten
18. Sunn O))) "Mocking Solemnity" Flight Of The Behemoth (2002) Southern Lord
19. Khanate "Skin Coat" Khanate (2001) Southern Lord
20. Matmos "Germs Burn For Darby Crash" The Rose Has Teeth In The Mouth Of A Beast (2006) Matador

Sadly, towards the end of the show, I was running a bit late, and the last song was *not* a long song. And I had such a good track planned. But Matmos is definitely a worthy consolation prize (I've been trying to work 'em into the show again).

I was also trying to fit Pig Destroyer in at the end of the first hour, but it didn't work, not even with all their short songs. Bizarre, no?

Overall, things went very well. Better planning and just me getting used to doing all the studio stuff made today's experience very enjoyable compared to all the stress last week.

I'm planning a metal hour next week, it should be fun. Classic and current, as usual. I'll get PD in there.

In other news, I'm getting sick of hearing M.I.A. on the radio. I love Kala, but c'mon! It's getting played out.

Right now I am listening to "Jimmy."

No comments: