Saturday 6 December 2008

Playlist 12.5.08

Hour 1

1. the Jesus And Mary Chain "My Little Underground" (1985) Warner Bros
2. Microscopic Septet "Got Lucky" Lobster Leaps In (2008) Cuneiform
3. Stephen Colbert "Another Christmas Song" A Colbert Christmas (2008) Comedy Central
4. Mouse On Mars "Scat" Autoditacker (1997) Too Pure5. Talk Normal "Grinnin' In Your Face" Secret Cog EP (2008) -self-released-
6. Marnie Stern "Steely" This Is It... (2008) Kill Rock Stars
7. Juana Molina "¿QuiĆ©n? (Suite)" Un Dia (2008) Domino
8. Enon "Rubber Car" Believo! (1999) Touch & Go
9. Eagle Nebula "Funny (Hip Hop)" Cosmic Headphones (2008) Epistrophik Peach
10. Zach Hill "Hindsight Is Nowhere" Astrological Straits (2008) Ipecac
11. Roots Manuva "Kick Up Ya Foot" Slime & Reason (2008) Big Dada
12. Enslaved "To The Coast" Vertebrae (2008) Nuclear Blast

Hour 2

13. Titus Andronicus "Arms Against Atrophy" The Airing Of Grievances (2008) XL
14. Dungen "Fredag" 4 (2008) Kemado
15. Fujiya & Miyagi "Goosebumps" Lightbulbs (2008) Deaf, Dumb And Blind
16. AIDS Wolf "General" Cities Of Glass (2008) Skin Graft
17. Cynic "The Unknown Guest" Traced In Air (2008) Season Of Mist
18. Squarepusher "The Coathanger" Just A Souvenir (2008) Warp
19. Xinlisupreme "I Am A New Christ (UT Mix)" Neinfuturer (2005) -no label-
20. David Byrne & Brian Eno "The River" Everything That Happens Will Happen Today (2008) -self-released-
21. the Bad Hand "?doG eeS eseeG Od" In This Line Wish You Happiness (2008) Daly City
22. Daedelus "If We Should featuring Laura Darlington" Love To Make Music To (2008) Ninja Tune
23. Bison B.C. "Wendigo Pt. 2 (Cursed To Roam)" Quiet Earth (2008) Metal Blade
24. Murs "I'm Innocent" Murs For President (2008) Warner Bros

The show went very well. I'm feeling the most comfortable in the studio as I've ever felt. Too bad this was the second-to-last show. I'm finally getting good at DJing, but now my tenure is coming to an end. I have mixed feelings and I'll share more about that later, on what may be the final post on this blog. For now, I'll just make a few comments. During this show, I played quite a few artists that have released their music on their own, ain't that neato? Second, Talk Normal is really cool. They were pretty insane live last week, but I think they sound even better recorded. I've very glad I bought their EP. After listening to that Daedelus album today, I decided that I really don't like it, only a few tracks on it are really good.

I'm beginning to plan the final, best of 2008 show. WHO WILL MAKE THE PLAYLIST????? There have been quite a few great releases this year, but I already know my top favorites. And next week I'll share them all.

No comments: