1. the Jesus And Mary Chain "My Little Underground" Psychocandy (1985) WEA
2. Isolée "Do Re Mi" Wearemonster (2005) Playhouse
3. Godflesh "Head Dirt" Streetcleaner (1989) Earache
4. Paint It Black "Labor Day" Paradise (2005) Jade Tree
5. Fuck Buttons "Sweet Love For Planet Earth" Street Horrrsing (2008) ATP Recordings
6. Black Spade "Love's Right Here" To Serve With Love (2008) Om Records
7. Stephen Malkmus & The Jicks "Elmo Delmo" Real Emotional Trash (2008) Matador
8. Dismember "No Honor In Death" Untitled (2008) Regain Records
9. PJ Harvey "The Devil" White Chalk (2007) Island
10. DNA "Egomaniac's Kiss" DNA On DNA (2004) No More Records
11. Solà Akingbolà "Olukumi" Routes To Roots: Yoruba Drums From Nigeria (2008) Arc Music
12. Mouse On Mars "Juju" Autoditacker (1997) Too Pure Records
13. Talking Heads "Take Me To The River" More Songs About Buildings And Food (1978) Sire - Talking Heads Song Of The Week
14. Dizzee Rascal "Dream" Showtime (2004) XL Recordings
15. Enon "Collette" Grass Geysers...Carbon Clouds (2007) Touch & Go
16. Grupo Macarena "Tengo Tengo" Gypsy Flamenco (2007) Arc Music
17. Mission Of Burma "Outlaw" Signals, Calls, And Marches (1981/2008) Matador
18. Battles "Atlas" Mirrored (2007) Warp
19. Black Mountain "Queens Will Play" In The Future (2008) Jagjaguwar
20. Ellen Allien & Apparat "Turbo Dreams" Orchestra Of Bubbles (2006) BPitch Control
21. Born Against "Mound The Pavement" Patriotic Battle Hymns (2003) Kill Rock Stars
22. Black Dice "Kokomo" Load Blown (2007) Paw Tracks
23. Tomoe-Ryu Yutakadaiko "Taiko - Bayashi" Japanese Drums (2007) Arc Music
24. Mountain Goats "Pale Green Things" The Sunset Tree (2005) 4AD
Yeah, I'm pretty sure I forgot to mention that Mouse On Mars song on the air. A shame, because it is such a great song and a great group. MOM rules.
I was going to play Caribou instead of Black Dice, cause I found some excellent Caribou track, but the CD was not in the studio. I think someone was borrowing it, it's usually there. Perhaps next week?
Interesting note: in the studio, we have two copies of the Matmos record The Rose Has Teeth In The Mouth Of A Beast. One in the 'indie' section, the other in the 'rpm/ige' section. I think it belongs in the latter section, though if we were to have any Matmos album x2, it should be The Civil War. I think it's my favorite Matmos album, but it's a tough choice since Matmos is the bomb like no other.
More death metal??!!?!?! Very odd for me. Death metal is probably one of the most difficult genres for me to get into since all the growling/grunting is very goofy and hard to take seriously for some reason. Screaming, no problem, I'm from the punk rock line of things and we like screaming and barking and yelling. But those grunts in the DM? Yuck. But I'm coming around to it, especially because there is so much good in death metal -- solos, solos, um, guitar tones? Tech stuff, yeah, I guess. Pretty much all the guitar fun. If I wanted sweet drumming, I'd listen to tech metal, i.e. Meshuggah. Meshuggah is the bomb. Will play Mes. next week. I'm thinking of doing another metal hour because there is so much good metal out there, new or otherwise. I have access to so much excellent metal and am always looking for new metallic goodness.
I am so tired right now. Why am I still awake? I need to sleep, but I just keep typing. So much to do 'tomorrow' and need sleep, sleep is good, 4am....