Tuesday 29 April 2008

Playlist 4.29.08 Last Show of the Semester

Hour 1: Currents

1. the Jesus And Mary Chain "My Little Underground" Psychocandy (1985) WEA
2. Gong Linna "Beautiful Red Flower" Chinese Folk Songs (2008) Arc Music
3. Jucifer "To The End" L'Autricienne (2008) Relapse
4. the Sword "Lords" Gods Of The Earth (2008) Kemado
5. the Magnetic Fields "California Girls" Distortion (2008) Nonesuch
6. Cadence Weapon "Real Estate" Afterparty Babies (2008) ANTI-
7. Black Mountain "Wucan" In The Future (2008) Jagjaguwar
8. Fuck Buttons "Colors Move" Street Horrsing (2008) ATP Recordings
9. Black Spade "Good Crazy" To Serve With Love (2008) Om Records
10. the Breeders "Mountain Battles" Mountain Battles (2008) 4AD
11. Origin "Finite" Antithesis (2008) Relapse
12. Crystal Castles "Untrust Us" Crystal Castles (2008) Last Gang

Hour 2: Classic/Favorites

13. Talking Heads "Psycho Killer" Talking Heads '77 (1977) Sire - Final Talking Heads Song Of The Week
14. Refused "New Noise" The Shape Of Punk To Come (1998) Burning Heart
15. Isolée "Beau Mot Plage" Rest (2000/2005) Playhouse
16. Os Mutantes "Desculpe, Babe" A Divina Comédia Ou Ando Meio Desligado (1970) Polydor
17. Xinlisupreme "Amaryllis" Tomorrow Never Comes (2002) Fat Cat Records
18. Pavement "Loretta's Scars" Slanted & Enchanted (1992/2002) Matador
19. the Blood Brothers "Meet Me At The Waterfront After The Social" March On Electric Children (2002) Three One G
20. Matmos "Regicide" or "For The Trees" The Civil War (2003) Matador
21. YKK "Portabella" -no album- (2002) -no label-
22. Hüsker Dü "Hare Krsna" Zen Arcade (1984) SST
23. Can "Sing Swan Song" Ege Bamyasi (1972) Mute
24. Björk "Mouth's Cradle" Medúlla (2004) Elektra

Wow, the last show, huh? It went by so quickly. I'm gonna miss doing it over the summer. I'll have so much music and no forum for promoting it... and good stuff in the studio that no one else seems to play won't get played, cause I'll be gone...unless I listen over the summer and make request, which I probably will.

Things went well during the show, no explosions or technical difficulties. I've really learned a lot about DJing over the course of the semester and I think I've improved a lot in my skills.

I really liked the playlist for tonight, a good mix of stuff. So many favorites and great new music that I'll keep listening to this summer. I really gotta check out that Crystal Castles album. That band is finally winning me over (I didn't like them at first, it sounded too video-game-y).

It was good to play some Can again. Can rules.

And that Chinese Folk Song thing from Gong Linna RULED. It's so pretty and interesting. I think it was the first Chinese artist on the show. Hopefully, I'll learn some more about Chinese music over the summer, cause now I'm really interested.

I think I'll try to blog over the summer, maybe once a week, like the show and all. I can't wait to pick up the new Portishead album tomorrow. I think I will write a review of it, provided it inspires me to verbosity.

I wonder what band I'll do for next semester's "of the week" thing. I'll have to contemplate it for a while.

Good night all.

No comments: