Saturday 4 October 2008

Playlist 10.3.08

Hour 1

1. the Jesus And Mary Chain "My Little Underground" Psychocandy (1985) Warner Bros
2. Cult Of Luna "Eternal Kingdom" Eternal Kingdom (2008) Earache
3. Silver Jews "My Pillow Is The Threshold" Lookout Mountain, Lookout Sea (2008) Drag City
4. Ellen Allien "Bim" Sool (2008) BPitch Control
5. Don Caballero "Pour You Into The Rug" Punkgasm (2008) Relapse
6. Dizzee Rascal "World Outside" Maths + English (2008) Def Jux
7. Experimental Dental School "Drum Circuit's Lake" Jane Doe Loves Me (2008) Cochon Records
8. Matmos "Supreme Balloon" Supreme Balloon (2008) Matador
9. Gridlink "3 Miles Below Sea Level" Amber Grey (2008) Hydra Head

Hour 2

10. Nachtmystium "Ghosts Of Grace" Assassins (2008) Century Media
11. Gigan "Imprisioned Within Duality" The Order Of The False Eye (2008) Napalm
12. Ghislain Poirier "Ballistic Riddim" Go Ballistic Single (2008) Ninja Tune
13. Flyng Lotus "Beginner's Falafel" Los Angeles (2008) Warp
14. Basic Channel "Phylyps Trak" BCD-2 (2008) Basic Channel
15. Lou Reed "Metal Machine Music, Part I" Metal Machine Music (1975) Buddah Records
16. Withered "Clamor Beneath" Folie Circulaire (2008) Prosthetic
17. Intronaut "The Literal Black Cloud" Prehistoricisms (2008) Century Media

The show went very well this week. I've set a couple of records for myself this time: longest track on the show as of yet with Matmos and fewest songs I've ever played, 17.

That Flying Lotus record is really wonderful. It's like, sort of relaxing and subtle, but still with a robust kind of sound. The bass is heavy.

I was really excited to start this series of Metal Machine Music. I don't play enough noise on the show and I want to change that. Problem being, noise tracks so often are very, very long and long typically isn't good for radio. I'm still playing it, though.

Speaking of noise, I read, I think on Wikipedia, a long time ago, some dude played the whole Merzbox on the air, beginning to end, in a row.... !

No comments: